What Causes Low Libido and How Can Our Chocolate Help?
It is not uncommon to lose your sexual desire from time to time. A decreased interest in sexual activity can affect both men and women. However, it affects women differently from men, as women often experience symptoms that are associated with hormonal and life changes. But what causes low libido? And can vegan chocolate help?
What is Low Libido?
By definition, low libido means you lack an interest in sex, sexual thoughts, or desires. In women, it is common to have a low sex drive sometimes. Levels of sexual desire go up and down throughout your life.
It’s also normal for your desires to be different from your partner’s desires at times. No matter how low your libido may be, research shows that most women benefit from treatment. Grabbing a quick piece of dark, delicious vegan chocolate could be just the treat you need. Who wouldn’t want to eat organic chocolate bar to improve sex drive?
Common Causes of Low Libido in Women
Ladies, your libido could need a lift at any age. We recommend savoring the libido-boosting benefits of dark, vegan chocolate bars during times of:
• Stress – Periods of high pressure and everyday stress can decrease sexual desire. It can drive your blood pressure up and your libido down. Stress is known for changing people’s hormone levels – sometimes producing an imbalance that leaves you feeling tired all the time with no sex drive at all.
• Anxiety – When you’re anxious you have higher levels of cortisol, your body’s main stress hormone. High cortisol levels suppress those important sexual desire-promoting chemicals, testosterone and estrogen.
• Depression – It’s no coincidence that depression and a lack of sex drive are linked. Feelings of hopelessness, low self-esteem, and physical fatigue all affect how we feel about our bodies. This directly decreases our desire to be intimate.
• Medication Side Effects – Many medications can be a cause of decreased or loss of libido in both men and women. It can reduce or eliminate the ability to have the big “O” in women. It can cause men to lose the ability to “show up” for the party.
• Hormones – An imbalance of hormones estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone all contribute to reduced libido. With an imbalance of hormones, comes a reduced libido. These hormonal imbalances are constantly occurring in women during adolescence, PMS, perimenopause, and menopause. During menopause is when women experience a low amount of estrogen, which could cause your sex drive to decrease.
• Life Changes – Life is full of changes that can cause stress and anxiety. Having a new baby, getting a new job, moving to a new home, financial stress, or work-related stress. All of these can be causes of low libido.
• Relationship Issues – For many people, especially women, emotional intimacy must come before physical intimacy. So, problems in your relationship can be a major factor in low sex drive. As your lack of connection increases, the desire for intimacy decreases.
Remember, most women will benefit when they seek to treat their low libido. It’s okay to be proactive about it.
How can Chocolate Help with Low Libido?
Can something as simple as chocolate actually increase sex drive? Yes. Dark, organic, vegan chocolate has been shown to do just that.
Vegan chocolate is simply chocolate made without any ingredients that come from animals. It tastes delicious and is a great option for everyone, whether you eat meat or not.Premium dark vegan chocolate is considered an aphrodisiac food as it fights against a loss of libido. It naturally boosts blood flow throughout the body. While doing this, it also helps your body release the hormones serotonin and dopamine. These are the hormones that are known to boost arousal.
Vegan chocolate that is at least 60% dark also contains caffeine and theobromine. These natural elements can help support stamina and help strengthen libido.
It has long been known that eating dark chocolate may help reduce stress levels too. Reduced stress can also improve sexual desire.
What Kind of Vegan Chocolate could you Eat?
Choose a dark, high-quality, vegan chocolate that is 100% natural and made of fair-trade cocoa. We suggest you look for Maca root powder – Originating in the Andes regions of Peru and Bolivia, maca has traditionally been used to support proper hormone balancing, enhance fertility, and increase sex drive. It’s also claimed to improve energy and stamina.
How Much Chocolate Should I Eat?
Eating vegan chocolate with a high cacao content (dark chocolate) daily can be part of a healthy lifestyle.
Eating too much chocolate can lead to
weight gain or other health issues over time.
High-quality dark vegan chocolate is not just for vegans. It’s for anyone that wants to give their libido a boost.